Friday, November 23, 2012

Ordinary man becomes Andy Warhol in one afternoon!



I started with an idea to have fun with making my own version of a bookcover featuring a pink & red portrait of Andy Warhol. I've had the book in the window of my studio for a while. I found a model & used my powers of wig cutting, photography & Photoshop skill to make the bottom image as the final outcome. I photographed my model outside, as well, near some grafitti & think he does look somewhat like one of my art idols. Warhol sure had an interesting life & I love reading books about him.
Let me know if you have a "dress up" idea you would like brought to life & have a fun makeup & photography session in the process. I can have your finished art photo printed on photo paper or on canvas.  Also I can make it into a multiple panel art piece in the Pop Art style. These make great art for your own wall or for a gift. One option is to give someone a gift certificate of a photo session with or without dressing up...just as themself & Pop Art portrait of their own. Contact me by calling 416-655-4863 for details. I can also work from your existing photo. See my website at www.margaretirvingpopart.ca for my pop art gallery of "Before" and "After" images showing the photos I used and the finished Pop Art. Pricing, method of work, and testimonials are all there.


No comments:

Post a Comment