Monday, October 21, 2013

Oct 21, 2013 Recent event photography by Margaret Irving

The following are some of the photographs I took at a recent art reception and celebratory event.
They are part of a photo shoot and reporting job I did for artoronto.ca...the online art magazine.
I am available for photographing and documenting gallery receptions and other parties and events
 large and small. An exterior shot of the venue is helpful to let your clients know
where to find your  venue.
This photo captures the catering, crowd, and
some of the dignitaries attending the event.

This type of photo is great for advertising a current show.

Photos of the creators with their work
can be important, depending on the event.

Sculpture photo useful for the artist's own publicity uses.

I am always sure to get photos of visitors looking at the art
at the receptions I photograph professionally.

My detail shot of  "Roots" sculpture by Judi Michelle Young;
president of The Sculptors Society of Canada.

My photo of sculptor Dina Torrans with her work.

My photo of sculptor Evgueni Kogan with his
plaster cast for bronze "Adam and Eve."

Marble sculpture "Into the Mystic" I retouched the
background to get rid of an electrical device on the wall.

Crowd photo of visitors at the event. 


My photo of musician and sculptor Peter Shoebridge
with his sculpture "Where Are You?"


Contact me to photograph your art show opening or other event.

Link to my coverage of the Canadian Sculpture Society's 85th anniversary, part one by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment