Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Art Show Success Nov 2013

I recently was hired to hang an art show and had the wonderful experience of working with emerging artist Rhoda Payne. I curated and installed her first solo show of her exuberant abstract acrylic paintings in the Wychwood Community Gallery. The show ran from Nov 14-21. She also hired me to photograph her opening night reception. Almost all of her canvasses and at least half of her paintings on paper sold that night.   I was thrilled to be a part of such a successful art show and Rhoda thanked me again and again, telling me she couldn't have done it without my help.
Guests attending opening night.

She obtained a great commission for a large series of paintings to cover an entire wall.

Rhoda also hired me to photograph all her paintings individually for the purposes of possible reproduction, record, print uses and her upcoming website.

I decided on the order of the paintings to create a harmonious flow,
taking out any work that was not suitable, working with the artist
of course.

The artist liked to have a couple of works on the floor, and one on
an easel. I work with my artists to make them happy.
Artist Rhoda Payne with guests at her opening night.

No comments:

Post a Comment